How to complain
Please let us know if you're unhappy with our service
Security may be required. Product fees may apply.
Your Relationship Manager should be able to help you with your complaint. You can contact them by phone, email, in writing or arrange a meeting. But if that isn't appropriate, you have other options.
Drop into one of our offices. They're open 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
Send details of your complaint to:
Corporate Complaints Centre,
First Floor, 8 Brindley Place,
Call our Complaints Team on:
0345 608 8022
Lines open 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. Calls may be recorded.
The sooner you contact us, the quicker we can handle the matter. However, we try to resolve complaints straight away. If this isn't possible, we'll keep you informed about your complaint's progress.
Within five working days
We'll write to you after five working days of receiving your complaint. The letter will outline:
- why your complaint hasn't been resolved yet
- who's dealing with your complaint
- when we will contact you again.
More than two weeks
Most complaints are resolved within two weeks of receipt. But complex complaints can take a bit longer. If this happens, we'll contact you with regular updates.
We aim to resolve all complaints internally. But if you're not satisfied, you can contact the Ombudsman Services. The Ombudsman Service is an independent specialist dispute resolution organisation.
To see if your complaint qualifies, you need to contact the UK Finance.
The Ombudsman Services will only investigate the complaint if:
- The company you are complaining on behalf of or for who you are a guarantor, has an annual turnover (revenue) of no more than £6.5million;
- The matter, which is the subject of the complaint, took place on or after 1st July, 2013
- The complaint relates to invoice finance and / or asset based lending products; and
- You received a 'deadlock' letter* from us, or
- The complaint remains unresolved, and more than 12 weeks have elapsed since you registered it.
The complaint must be referred to the Ombudsman Services within six months of either:
- The date of a 'deadlock' letter
- The end of the 12-week internal resolution deadline.
* A letter from RBS Invoice Finance to the client confirming that it has not been possible to resolve the complaint.
Contact details for UK Finance
(+44) 0203 934 1456
Alex Waterman, UK Finance,
5th Floor, 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ